brian burdock
In The Beginning
Our story starts in 1913, when Liberties residents Bella Burdock and husband Patrick opened the first Leo Burdocks in Christchurch, Dublin. Over the years, The Burdock family grew their business and opened a number of Leo Burdocks Fish and Chip shops around Dublin, such was the popularity of their food. From a young age, their son Leo was a regular face in the early morning Dublin fish markets, rising at 5 am most days to source the freshest catch. Traveling back by horse and cart with his haul, he would pick up fresh potatoes and coal for heating the Pans, a fuel used up until 1991 to cook the freshly prepared Fish and Chips, at this point they were the last chip shop in Ireland, possibly the world to use these coal fired pans.
leo burdock
throughout the years